Forbes Center Dining
Called “one of the best restaurants in Virginia” by the Richmond Times Dispatch, the Joshua Wilton House is Harrisonburg’s premier dining destination. Executive Chef (and JMU alumnus!) Mark Newsome creates a seasonal menu based on the Shenandoah Valley’s farm-fresh ingredients, and special packages are available only for guests of JMU’s Forbes Center for the Performing Arts:
- 3-Course pre-theater dinner: $30 per person, excluding tax, beverage and gratuity
- Paired with three wines: $40 per person, excluding tax, beverage and gratuity
- We encourage allowing 2 hours prior to showtime for dinner and travel.
- Dessert and coffee: $10.00 per person, excluding tax, beverage and gratuity
- Dessert and dessert wine pairing: $15.00 per person, excluding tax, beverage and gratuity
- Groups of 15 or more: 3-Course dinner with coffee and tea: $40 per person, all inclusive
- Reservations are required for groups. Please allow 2.5-3 hours prior to showtime.
The Forbes Center is less than a mile from the Joshua Wilton House. Plan for a three minute drive (or ten minute walk!) directly along Main Street. To learn more or make your reservation, contact us at 540-434-4464 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
~Forbes Center Pre-Theater Menu~Specific menu items may vary based on availability.
Prince Edward Island Mussels
pan roasted tomato, garlic, fresh herbs and white wine-butter
Joshua Wilton Salad
mixed greens, hearts of palm, artichoke, bacon, blue cheese, grape tomato and raspberry vinaigrette
Slow Braised Beef Short Ribs
truffle, parmesan ‘mac-n-cheese’ and Madeira-sage sauce
Cider Roasted Scottish Salmon
chive-potato gnocchi, shaved fennel slaw and baby arugula
Backfield Farms Beef Osso Bucco
mozzarella stuffed over Turner ham risotto with pan roasted broccoli and zinfandel sauce
Grilled Duck Breast
mashed sweet potatoes, honey glazed carrots and maple-balsamic sauce
Chocolate Soufflé Cake